Can you believe it’s already Thanksgiving? Some days I feel like October and November flew, but others felt like they couldn’t go fast enough. Time is weird.
Anyway, if you guys are like me, you probably need some last minute Thanksgiving ideas. If you’re like me, you told yourselves, “I’ll start making certain things early and then freeze them so they’re ready to go and I’ll have less to do on Thanksgiving Day.” And then you did a whole lot of nothing. Yep.
So here, for us last minute-ers, are some quick(ish), but definitely easy Thanksgiving side dishes you should totally try out this year!
Last Minute Side Dishes
1. Bourbon Maple Glazed Carrots from Cooking and Beer
I’m not normally a fan of cooked carrots, but these sound too good not to try!
My mom’s deviled eggs are the best and with her one secret ingredient, you won’t have to measure anything out. 😛
3. Candied Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole from Creme de la Crumb
Is sweet potato casserole a side dish or a dessert? My family always has it on the table with the food, but it tastes like it should be a dessert.
4. Sweet Potato Casserole from Happy 2Ba Homemaker
The biggest reason I hear for why people don’t like sweet potato casserole (assuming they don’t) is that they hate the marshmallow topping. I personally love it, but if you don’t try this marshmallow-free version!
5. Roasted Potato Side Dish from Wonky Wonderful
I usually just make mashed potatoes and stick to that, but this is so pretty and I bet it tastes amazing. If it doesn’t get made for Thanksgiving, it will get made for something.
6. Slow Cooker Creamed Corn from Damn Delicious
I’m not a huge fan of creamed corn, but for those of you who are, this is made in a slow cooker. And slow cookers make everything better. 😛
7. The Best Green Bean Casserole from The Novice Chef
Green bean casserole is my favorite side dish and this one from The Novice Chef looks so good!
I’ve made this for the last three years and it’s always a pretty huge hit. One of my favorite dishes all-year-round, actually. 😛 It’s also very easy to make (especially if you have a mandolin).
9. Quick and Easy Yeast Rolls from Happy 2Ba Homemaker
Want homemade rolls, but hate kneading? Give these a shot!
10. Honey Whiskey Apple and Sweet Potato Bake from Divas Run for Bling
You had me at “whiskey,” Heather.
Last Minute Desserts
11. Pistachio Salad from Rick A Bam Boo
When I saw this on Amber’s blog, I wasn’t 100% what to think. Pistachios are good…but as a salad? And then I took a look at her recipe and at the picture and now I need to try this!
12. Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Spread from She Wears Many Hats
This looks fantastic! It would make a great snack while everyone is cooking/watching the game or a nice after-dinner treat.
This is from my own blog. I made this for the first Thanksgiving Zach and I had as a married couple and it is still my favorite version of pumpkin pie. It tastes wonderful and it looks so fancy. But that marbled look is VERY easy to achieve! Use a store-bought pie crust to make this simpler.
14. Marbled Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake from Roxana’s Home Baking
It’s the cheesecake version of my pie! When I saw this recipe last year, I immediately ran and got the ingredients. Guys. Oh my. You NEED this in your life. Seriously.
15. Skinny NO BAKE Pumpkin Pie from Divas Run for Bling
A no bake pie? Sign me up! The less I have to use my oven, the better!
16. Mini Pumpkin Pies from Home is Where the Boat Is
Adorable! They’re also much easier to store than a whole pie and even easier to convince people to take off your hands at the end of the night. 😛
17. Baked Pear with Walnuts & Honey from Skinny Taste
This is perfect if you are watching your waistline. And it looks delicious. I have a couple pears I may be trying this on tonight. 😀
18. Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake from Back to School BBQ
I’ve always found cakes to be easier than pies and cheesecakes. If you’re in the same boat, then maybe give this a shot!
19. Homemade Apple Pie from My Midwest Existence
My father-in-law doesn’t like pumpkin pie much, so my mother-in-law always makes him a separate apple pie. If this is something you prefer, this is a pretty simple and traditional recipe to try! (You can make it easier by substituting the top crust with some streusel, like I did with my blackberry pie.)
20. Grain-Free, Gluten-free Apple Pie from Deliciously Organic
Can’t eat grains? Try this apple pie with an almond flour crust!
21. Easy Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie from Love from the Oven
There is also GF pumpkin pie! And the crust sounds fantastic. (Definitely looks easy, as well!)
Last Minute Beverages
22. Cranberry, Orange, and Apple White Sangria from The Rising Spoon
Making a big batch of a mixed drink is much cheaper than providing a bunch of different wine selections. And this is very fall.
23. Pomegranate Fizz from Year-Round Giving
It’s pom season! I know pomegranates are generally associated with winter and Christmas, but I think this would work for Thanksgiving, as well.
24. Caramel Apple Sangria from A Night Owl
Yeah, yeah, I posted this in October, as well. But I still haven’t tried it and I still REALLY want to.
25. Pumpkin Spice Latte from Living Chic on the Cheap
Those of us who plan to be cooking all day would probably like a little pick-me-up. Zach and I tried this a couple months ago and it blew me away. This is hands-down the BEST pumpkin spice latte I’ve ever had. And it’s made in a slow cooker!
26. Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider from Tatertots and Jello
Nothing says “fall” more than apple cider. So why not keep some warm and ready-to-go throughout the day?
27. Cranberry Cider from Pink Recipe Box
I can think of a few people who are less than excited about anything cranberry. But I would LOVE to give this a shot. I love cranberries and I love cider–what could possibly go wrong?
28. Pumpkin Breakfast Smoothie from Busy Mom’s Helper
If you want a quick breakfast before you start cooking, this is perfect. I’ve had it a couple times and it’s delicious and it can keep me going for quite a while.
29. Cranberry Margaritas from Gimme Some Oven
Honestly, when I saw this, I thought of my mom. She loves margaritas.
30. Pumpkin Spice White Russian from The Weary Chef
Zach loves White Russians. We may have to give this one a try!