Who likes easy dinners? This girl!
And what’s easier than tossing some beans, meat, and spices into a crock pot and then walking away? That’s all you need to do for this bean and sausage stew.
Baked Bean and Sausage Stew
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ tsp dried sage
- ¾ tsp cumin
- 1 pound smoked turkey sausage
- 1 (28) oz can baked beans
- 1 (15 oz) can great northern beans, drained (or 2 cups cooked, if using from a bag)–black beans are also really good in this if you don’t like white beans
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes with garlic
Step 01: Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and mix together. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Zach calls this “a more sophisticated version of beans and weenies.” Well, he’s not wrong. 😛
Want to turn this into a freezer meal? No problem! Just dump everything into a freezer bag. It can be stored for up to 6 months. When you’re ready to cook it, just let it thaw overnight and then pour the contents of the bag into a crock pot.
If you want even more control over the ingredients, you can make your own baked beans.