Unfortunately, I’m “sick” today. Which is in quotes because I feel fine, but my throat hurts and I’m so dizzy that I can hardly sit up. That last part is the worst part. I can’t figure out why it’s happening. I have allergy medication that’s supposed to keep that from happening. I’ll give it a day and if I’m still dizzy tomorrow, I should probably call a doctor.
I have a couple posts lined up, but I needed to take some pictures. Moving around my apartment to do that isn’t going to happen, though (I feel fine as long as I’m completely still). So those posts will have to wait until Friday (I hope). Today, I’m going to give you a sneak peak into how I want to decorate my bedroom!
I’ve always found night sky themes to be relaxing, so that’s basically what I’m going for. I want my bedroom to be completely relaxing. Just looking at these pictures makes me feel better, so I can’t imagine how nice it will be to actually have them in my bedroom. 😛
Currently, my bedroom is blue and white. Which is fine, but not what I’m going for. I want to keep the blue (and move all the white into the guest room, where I’ll be pairing it with red). I want to darken up my bedroom just a bit and I’ve found the perfect color scheme to do it.
I’m going for an “Astronomy Tower” kind of look.
1. Night Sky Bedding Collection from Restoration Hardware — I LOVE RH, but I hate their prices. Though it seems this bedding set is on sale! (Oh dear….) This set would be perfect. Unfortunately, I have to go with something a little cheaper. 😛 So….
2. Kustruta from IKEA — I love the blue and grey plaid. It just feels right for what I’m envisioning for this room. I’d also love to pair it with….
3. Woolrich Big Sky Square Pillow from Designer Living — That telescope! Yes! And, honestly, the blue version with the compass isn’t bad, either. Alternatively, I do like this Benzy Land cushion from IKEA…and I’ll probably go with it since it’s so much cheaper.
4. DIY Rustic Headboard from Radical Possibility — I don’t currently have a headboard, which means a clean slate in my bedroom! And every time I imagine all of these pieces together, this headboard just looks perfect. I don’t know what kind of stain I want, though. Something that looks whitewashed, but isn’t grey? I can see it in my head but describing it is giving me issues. 😛 I’ll show you once it’s done, though, because this is DEFINITELY on my To-Do list.
5. “I Have Loved the Stars Too Fondly to Be Fearful of the Night” Print — I love this quote, I love this poem, and I love these prints.
6. Zodiac Constellation Wall Art from Martha Stewart — I’m not really feeling the lights or the glitter, but I do think a wall filled with something similar would be gorgeous in my bedroom.
7. Change out the dresser and nightstands. — Industrial Chic Bedside Tables? — I haven’t really settled on a design for either of these yet. And, honestly, they are VERY low on my list of priorities, so this will probably take a couple of years. But one of my (not-so-pressing) goals for this room is to bring in some new furniture and move the old stuff into the guest room. I like the cabinet doors on our current tables, so something similar to that design would be nice. This might turn into a, “One day I’ll build it myself” kind of deal.
8. Made of Stars Hoops — The more I see these, the more I like them. They would be very pretty with the print I linked to earlier.
My mom is also holding a bunch of stuff for us (like my framed poster of Van Gogh’s Starry Night Over the Rhone). Which will only help the room to look more complete. 🙂
What do you think? Did you go with a theme in your bedroom (or are you planning to)? I’d love to hear about it!