I spent this past week at my mom’s house. While there, we cleaned out the attic (yay). That basically meant going through boxes and labeling them “garbage” or “keep.” In the process, I found a lot of Mom’s old house stuff…meaning pictures and candle holders. Things like that. And they look old. So I took a bunch of it. One of the things I took were these old pictures that used to hang in her bathroom:
I know that picture is HORRIBLE. It looked way better on my camera.
Here are the frames. This is what I’ll be working with.
Step 01: I cleaned the frames and then started painting. I used Light Yellow from Craft Smart, Key West from Apple Barrel, and Grey from Craft Smart. It took about 6 coats to completely cover these frames. (I only needed one bottle of each paint.)
Step 02: Once I finished the base coat (and I always use the lightest color as the base coat), I used painter’s tape to make stripes.
Step 03: Anything that didn’t have tape on it got painted. Once dry, I coated it with Krylon UV Resistant Acrylic Coating Spray, let it dry, and then hung it up.
VERY easy project. It took me a few hours, but not too bad. I hung them up by the front door, over the key hanger.
I think they really brighten up that part of the room.
In other news, I found this candle holder in the attic. I can’t decide what to do with it, but I’ll let you know when I do!
Excuse the soap bubbles. I was cleaning it when I decided to take a picture.
Have a happy weekend!