Need more kale in your diet? Here are 20 ways to get it!
Zach and I are terrible at eating the foods we know are good for us. We tend to go with cheap, easy dishes.
Lately, though, we’ve been trying to eat more cruciferous vegetables. Or at least the ones we can stand to eat, like broccoli, spinach, kale, and cabbage.
I don’t know any kale recipes, though, so I did what most people do when they need a new idea. I went to the Internet.
There aren’t as many kale recipes as I thought there would be, to be honest. Lots of soups, some smoothies, and a few pizzas here and there. But they all looked pretty interesting, so I’m going to share what I found with you!
20 Recipes to Sneak More Kale Into Your Diet
1. Kale Almond Pesto from Pancake Warriors
2. Antipasta Salad with Kale and Radish from Farm Fresh Feasts
3. Basic Kale Pizza Dough from Farm Fresh Feasts
4. Finnish Summer Soup with Kale from Farm Fresh Feasts
5. Crunchy Lemon & Kale Chickpea Salad from Chicago Jogger
6. Spicy Sausage and Kale Baked Ziti from Natural Chow
7. Kale Salad with Lemon Dressing from A Cedar Spoon
8. Spicy Baked Kale Chips from A Few Shortcuts
9. Cauliflower, Kale, and Quinoa Soup from Busy At Home
10. Sweet Potato, Kale, and Black Bean Hash from Never Skip Dessert
11. One Pot Garlic Chicken Pasta from Kitchen Sanctuary
12. Creamy Eggs and Kale Breakfast from Kitchen Sanctuary
13. Salmon Roasted with Cabbage and Kale from Sidewalk Shoes
14. Red Quinoa, Kale, and Haloumi Salad from Sidewalk Shoes
15. Kale Super Salad from Tammilee Tips
16. Beet Pesto Pizza with Kale and Goat Cheese from The Roasted Root
17. Dried Kale Flakes from Budget Girl
18. Kale Key Lime Pie Cups from Make the Best of Everything
19. One Pan Jalapeno, Kale, & Egg Scramble from Natural Chow
20. Kale and Quinoa Confetti Salad from Busy at Home
What do you like to put kale in?
I love your kale flakes idea… you could put them in anything!
Thanks, Carlee! 🙂
Thanks for including me in this great roundup!
I have to be honest…I’ve never actually eaten kale. But I am always trying new foods- it’s actually kind of a “rule” that I have to try new foods. (This started when I found an asparagus recipe I LOVED and mourned the 25 years I had hated asparagus).
Going to pin right now…which to try first?
Was one in particular your favorite?
Or a good one for a “new to kale” person?
For a “new to kale” person, I would go with anything involving soup or pasta. So my recommendation off of this list would be the baked ziti. Enjoy, Jennie! 🙂
Thank you for sharing! I’m not a huge Kale fan (too bitter! any suggestions for that?) but you could easily replace all of these with baby spinach too!
-Clarissa @ http://www.theviewfromhere.us
Kale get’s such a bad rap but it’s so delicious. Thanks for including me in your round up!
Thanks for the recipes. We’re trying to eat more kale and we ran out of ideas for the time being. Now, we have some renewed interest…tonight we’re having the Kale & Quinoa Confetti Salad
“Thanks for the recipes. We’re trying to eat more kale and we ran out of ideas for the time being. Now, we have some renewed interest…tonight we’re having the Kale & Quinoa Confetti Salad” too me