St. Patrick’s Day seems like a weird holiday to try and cater, if you’re throwing a party.
It’s still technically winter, but the weather is beginning to warm up and everyone is hopeful for spring. Plus, you’re expecte to have green everywhere.
When it comes to food and drinks this time of year, I switch between “minty and heavy” (which I find comforting in winter, so cue the stouts and cream-based cocktails) and “light and fruity” (which reminds me that warm summer nights are on the way and makes me nostalgic, so bring on the cucumber mojitos). I just can’t decide which is better right now.
Which means, of course, you’ll find a wide range of both types in this list. (Which do you all prefer this time of year?)
45 Green Cocktails for St. Patrick’s Day
1. Drunken Leprechaun from Sugar & Charm
2. Cilantro Jalapeno Margarita from Bell’ Alimento
3. Chartreuse Smash from Saveur
4. Seahawks Cocktail from Cooking with Curls
OK, so this was made for the Broncos/Seahawks game, but it was so pretty that I had to include it.
5. Magically Delicious Martini from Elizabeth Doo-Dah
Just don’t let your kids get too excited. 😛
6. Leprechaun from Top Cocktail Recipe
7. The Jameson Melon from The Cottage Market
8. Guinness Jell-O Shots from 1 Fine Cookie
9. Bailey’s Irish Cream Hot Chocolate from Heavenly Hearth
If you live in an area that’s still experiencing cold and snow come March 17th, this is the drink for you!
10. Dandelion-Lime Cooler from The Bitten Word
Dandelions? I want to try this out of sheer curiosity.
11. Green Appletinis from Bunky Cooks
Green appletinis are one of my favorite drinks, period. I really like soaking a bunch of cherries in them, actually. 😛
12. Hpnotiq Breeze from Mix That Drink
Hpnotiq is usually blue, but this looks kind of green I think. 😛
13. Matcha Mint Juleps from Bojon Gourmet
14. Cucumber Sangria from BHG
15. Kiwi Capiroska from Spoon Fork Bacon
16. Leprechaun Mojito from Daydreamer Desserts
17. Green Apple Jolly Rancher Cocktail from Snapguide
18. Sparkling Green Sangria from This Mama Cooks
19. Green Iced Tea from Arizona Foothills Magazine
20. Green Apple Sangria from Made With Happy
21. Emerald City Crusher from Healthy Delicious
22. Sonic Screwdriver from Knuckle Salad
I LOVE Doctor Who, so I would have had trouble keeping this off the list if it hadn’t been green. 😛
23. A Summer Dream from Drinked in
24. Elphaba’s “Wicked” Elixir from Slim Pickin’s Kitchen
I’ve been wanting to see Wicked for years, but have never had the chance. I know the soundtrack by heart, though. 😛 One day! This cocktail is beautiful, though.
25. Green Apple Ginger Martini from Gourmade in the Kitchen
26. Tropical Leprechaun from Wishes and Dishes
27. Green Leprechaun from Celebrations at Home
28. Drunken Leprechaun/Pot o’ Gold from Real House Moms
29. Sea Mist from Marie Claire
30. Green Flash Cocktail from Platinum Touch Events
31. Cucumber Honeydew Margarita Popsicles from Endless Simmer
32. Sparkling Shamrock Cocktail from Pink Recipe Box
33. The Green Hornet from The Sweet Spot Blog
34. Sparkling Shamrock Champagne Cocktail from Formal Fringe
35. Drunken Irish Potato from Shake Bake and Party
36. Grasshopper from Dine and Dish
37. Irish Flag from Drinked In
38. Green Punch from Poor Girls Guide Chicago
39. Leprechaun’s Lunch Cocktail from The Slow Roasted Italian
40. Mint Chip Cookietini from The Snappy Gourmet
41. Irish Car Bomb Jello Shots from Endless Simmer
42. Mint Chocolate Shamrocktini from The Slow Roasted Italian
43. Get Lucky Margarita from Dig This Design
44. Lucky in Love from Flordian Social
45. Ginger Mojito from Mary Makes Dinner
OK, so not every single one of these was green. But most are! I made exceptions for a few that looked delicious and fit the theme of the holiday. Also, one is a popsicle instead of a drink. But you could just omit the freezing part and drink it! 😛
This round-up turned out to be a pretty nice mix of winter and spring cocktails. Hopefully you find one you like!
Which one would you try? Are you still on heavy winter cocktails at this time of the year, or do you lean more towards the light, spring ones? Let me know in the comments!
Remember to pin!
The leprechaun mojito looks really nice! I’ll have to get my husband to make me one! Pinned and stumbled!
Doesn’t it!? You should get him to send one my way, as well. 😛 Thank you! 🙂
These all look so yummy! shared!!
Thanks, Jess! 🙂
Too many to choose from. I think the lucky charms magical drink is very creative. Pretty too! You really did your homework. Linking up from My Favorite Things Saturday!
Thanks, Michelle! I thought that looked pretty creative, too. 🙂
These look great thanks for sharing on Monday Madness link party 🙂
Thanks so much for including my Seahawks cocktail in your awesome round up, Chelsey!! I guess I should be more careful when I name my drinks, then they would be perfect all year long. 😉
It was awesome! And I know more than a few people who clicked on that BECAUSE of the name. 😛 Thanks, Lisa!
These look so tasty! Pinned!